Return To Blog
Spring Cleaning? Don't forget your car.
Spring is the perfect time to say thank you to your vehicle for making through the winter. The cold temperatures, snow, ice, salt and potholes all take quite a toll on your car. Be sure to schedule a spring checkup to make sure nothing is out of place. You want to make sure the following components get attention.
Now that the inside is taken care of, spend some time spring cleaning the interior. It’s easy to accumulate all sorts of useless items during the winter. Enjoy the warmer weather and finally declutter that car.
- Tire Pressure: Cold weather can change your tire pressure. Be sure that all tires, including your spare, are properly inflated and balanced.
- Windshield Wipers: They have been abused during the winter, check to see that there aren’t any cracks or visible wear.
- Batteries and Spark Plugs: They have been working over time during the cold winter. Test and replace old or weak batteries, spark plugs and spark plug wires.
- Brakes: Not only should you inspect your brake pads, but be sure to include the lines, hoses and brake fluid for proper level. Your safety depends on your brakes!
- Wheel Alignment and Suspension: Colorado potholes seem to get bigger and bigger each year and they can be downright nasty to your shocks and struts. Inspecting them now can help prevent any other issues down the road. Schedule an alignment and get back on the road safely.