As the temperature creeps up for the summer, you may consider getting your car some maintenance. Not only can the heat spell trouble for your vehicle, you definitely don’t want to be stuck on the side of the road on a scorching hot day.
At Mancinelli’s Auto Repair Center, we can help your car stay in great shape for the summer. Follow these 5 simple steps below:
- Oil Change - It is always a good idea to stay on top of your oil changes. When your oil is clean and the oil filter is changed, the fluid can flow freely to lubricate your engine.
- Monitor Fluid Levels - Besides your engine oil, you should keep an eye on your other essential fluids too, including power steering fluid, windshield wiper fluid, transmission fluid, and coolant.
- Test Your Battery - The heat can especially be harsh on your car battery. The high temperatures can cause acid leaks and corrosion, which will reduce your battery lifespan. To avoid a breakdown, you should definitely test your battery at the start of the season.
- Inspect Brakes - Your brakes are the most vital component when it comes to making your drive safer. Whether you’re going on a road trip or stuck in stop-and-go traffic or bad weather, you need complete reliability of your brakes.
- Check Tire Pressure - Proper tire inflation is extremely overlooked. As the temperatures shift, so does your tire pressure. Make sure your tires are inflated to their recommended PSI to prevent premature wear and other road hazards.
It can be easy to forget about the needs of your car when there’s so much to do in the summer. If you’re in need of car maintenance, look no further than Mancinelli’s Auto Repair Center.